NFT images not displaying

Parcel ID or link to place in world (if applicable)

What you see

No image for OpenSea NFT link
I have about 60 NFT images to add so I don’t want to use the workaround
I am using the NFT video URL in conjunction
so no OpenSea link breaks the concept for the NFT dispenser

What you expect to see

NFT image link to GUI OpenSea

System Details

• browser: Brave
  • browser version:
  • operating system:MacOSX Big Sur
  • how are you using cryptovoxels
    • [x] desktop web
    • [ ] mobile web
    • [ ] native VR app

Heya,
NFT-images are only dedicated to images.
Looking at the metadata of your NFT, there is no way we can obtain an image from this NFT as all possible previews are videos.

If you want to stick to this demand, I’d recommend posting in #ideas since this is not a bug. Maybe then I can come up with an idea, like grabbing a single frame of the video as a image-preview. Else, I’m sorry to say that you’ll have to use a workaround. A workaround would be to create an image feature with a link on it

Thank you so much for the answer. I am sorry if I sounded demanding. I really just wanted a response and was getting exasperated, so perhaps my tone reflected that. I’m really happy to work within and around the limitations once I know what they are.
Your response makes sense but some of these NFTS are displaying though :eyes:

I agree all video NFTs should have a static preview/poster image, it shouldn’t be the job of the platform

Apparently thats the OpenSea metadata not the POW NFT metadata which has a Poster property.

But I understand CV is pulling from Openea

Interesting that it works sometimes for you, it clearly shouldn’t.
Cheers for understanding;

I’ll see if I can at least generate a preview of the video later but yeah it would be great if opensea had a link to a preview directly

intermittent faults are the worst. This NFT does occasionally show a static image in OS until metadata is refreshed. Not sure if that is legacy artefact ie. NFT launched with a static thumbnail upgraded to an mp4