Elevator not working

Please tell me what did I do wrong :
I created a 32x32x32 vox model
I uploaded into my CV parcel and scaled it
enabled collision and set up the position parameters to mimic an elevator
BUT when I step on it, my avatar falls down , WHY ?

1 Like

If you make it move much slower and choppily do you run into the same issue? In my experience for whatever reason if you make it way less smooth it keeps the collision active, but if you make the refresh rate too high the collision stops working. I also wish we could make really smooth elevators within the metaverse, but I think it’s really intensive to check the object + player position that frequently; I think that because of the comment in the scripting example for making a vox model grabbable: Please avoid a refresh rate < 30 as it could crash the grid.

Outside of this I’m not really sure why it doesn’t work, but I can confirm I’ve run into the exact same issue when building my own fancy elevator. And obviously you can teleport and that is also really great to have, but elevators would be more realistic and immersive, so I would definitely like the ability to do this as well.

2 Likes

Actually, today’s release is going to add a bridle to the setInterval function. every setIntervals below 30ms will automatically be set to 30ms

what do U mean by much slower and choppily ??
I tried to decrease the speed of the platform going up but I still cannot get my avatar to be lifted up.
It’s strange because if I place my avatar on the platform while going down collision works fine.
I am not using a custom script but only the “motion” parameters

1 Like

We technically don’t support proper Elevators yet. The collision system isn’t advanced enough, I need to chat about it with people. Also those who have made one successfully haven’t told their secret either so I can’t help on that side.

1 Like

OK Guys here’s how.
Collision animation only works in y axis as of yet. Up and Down
No riding forward or side ways yet.
Make a Voxel Model and set collision
Place inside parcel
Select Position Animation
I do 0 at y:0
then 200 still y:0
then at least 300 per floor say y:3.5 distance slower is better
I do 200 at each floor same y axis as a stop
reverse for down
Choppy ride means your model is too small
Falling or not ‘catching’ ride may mean your top ‘y’ selection sticks the TOP of your elevator out of bounds for collision to work. Check to see if model has red boundary when selected.

1 Like